Friday, June 01, 2018

Madurai

The first city that i visited as a professional with my father. We visited the meenakshi temple in the evening. He had said that we would see the temple elephant, but were told that it had gone out just then. A bit disappointed, we saw the goddess and the lord, admired the 1000 pillar mandapam and then prayed at the kalyanasundaresar sannidhi for an early and happy marriage for my then 23 year old self. As we were going out, we saw the golden chariot being drawn. And then, we saw the baby elephant.

I remember my mother chatting on yahoo chat, saying that she had a terrific experience, with my father being completely unreachable for 2 days in madurai.

I remember staying at college house and visiting tafe with my father after returning from the US, thinking what a whole lot of tractors!!!

I remember visiting for Raj's wedding, when my mom had a really bad back ache for the first time.

Madurai - very fondly remembered.

No comments: